Newborn troopers

Share experiences and give advice and tips on effective strategies for getting troopers to sleep.

Newborn troopers

Postby Tomtomfrmdotcom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Right guys,

The lady has gone and given birth to my little bundle of joy on the 8th of march.... I'm confused as to how much sleep a newborn should have.

Currently sleeping 20hrs A day only being woken for nappy changes and feeds is this normal?

CHEERS guys
Tomtomfrmdotcom

Re: Newborn troopers

Postby Rangerbill » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am

Well chum mine gave birth on the 6th and its been pretty much the same except last night when wind kept him awake, or maybe it was too cold, I've been going through the checklist but he seems to of settled now, after I got up and gave the long haired RSM bad manners cause I'm being a winge. As far as I'm aware you release your growth hormone when you sleep and this is why they sleep so much early on to get bigger. I can actually see a difference in ours and its only been 9 days. I'm in clip this mornin this post probably doesn't make sense ha!
Bill
Rangerbill

Re: Newborn troopers

Postby Freddy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:34 am

Baby sleep cycles are far shorter than those of adults, and babies spend more time in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, which is thought to be necessary for the extraordinary development happening in their brain. All this unpredictability is a necessary phase for your baby and it doesn't last long – though it may seem like an eternity when you're sleep-deprived. At 6 to 8 weeks of age, most babies begin to sleep for shorter periods during the day and longer periods at night, though most continue to wake up to feed during the night. They also have shorter periods of REM sleep, and longer periods of deep, non-REM sleep. Here is the website you can learn more about new born babies sleep cycles.
Freddy

Return to Sleeping