Preparing bottles for next day

Discuss everything from making bottles to weaning to preparing healthy meals for you and your unit.

Re: Preparing bottles for next day

Postby trev81uk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:35 am

We've now stepped away from this approach Manx. We make in advance now, hot water, rapid cool, store in fridge then warm back up when BT is ready.

Like I think I said on my previous post, if all midwifes, doctors and health visitors part of the same trust gave the same advice, it would be a good start. Although, so far I fail to see the point of a health visitor, absolutely useless!
trev81uk

Postby Manx » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:29 pm

I think there's good ones & bad ones, like in any profession. I think their role is important, & they can be a really good source of information, but many are very good at only supplying their own view. I'm never overly impressed with our health visitor, but I work in the NHS myself & have friends from many varied roles, including health visitors, children's nurses & doctors, so I've always been able to get information that better suits my needs, as well as being able to find the evidence base that backs it up.

I think it's important that as parents, we're informed in a way that lets us make our own choices, based on evidence, not on "facts" which are in reality just opinions. But then, looking at my own thoughts, I'm very aware that I have my approach & am probably quite biased towards that, is human nature I guess.

Interestingly I spoke to my friend who is a health visitor, she was surprised to here a fellow health visitor had given such advice, she also commented on the poor evidence base & fact it contradicts the NHS's own advice. She says their stance should be that bottles should be inline with WHO guidelines.
Manx

Postby monicawoodlm » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:46 am

Sorry to adda reply to an old post but i foudn this thread helpful. There are various types of baby formulas that you can use but i have used this one yuo can have a look at the recipe...

Homemade Baby Formula

2 cups whole, raw milk from organic, grassfed cows (goat milk is not a good substitute because it is low in vitamin B12 and lacks folic acid both of which are essential for growth and development of the baby).
* If clean, grassfed whole raw cow’s milk is unavailable in your area, use low temp (vat) pasteurized, non-homogenized whole milk cultured back to life with a piima or kefir starter. Do NOT use ultrapasteurized organic milk!
1/4 cup liquid whey. avoid using powdered whey from the store or whey from making cheese.
4 TBL Lactose
1/4 tsp Bifidobacterium Infantis Powder
2 TBL good quality raw or pasteurized cream (use 4 TBL if the milk is from holstein cows). Do NOT use ultrapasteurized cream!
1/2 tsp unflavored, fermented cod liver oil (“salty cod” is the one you want)
1/4 tsp high vitamin butter oil (optional, but highly recommended)
1 tsp expeller pressed, organic sunflower oil
1 tsp organic, extra virgin olive oil (in a dark bottle)
2 tsp virgin coconut oil
2 tsp Frontier nutritional yeast flakes
2 tsp gelatin
1 7/8 cup filtered water
1/4 tsp acerola powder

Here is the video that you can view to make your baby formula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 4l-tNhiu3o

Or the another way is to hire the services of best midwife that will help you in making the best baby formula..

For my 2nd time preganancy i have hired the services of http://www.lamidwifecollective.com/, and they also provided me the full support and care after my pregnancy period.
monicawoodlm

Previous

Return to Feeding