Arsene Wenger wants to keep Danny Welbeck at Arsenal

Postby chanoudom » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 am

sbo333 Arsene Wenger insists he wants to keep Danny Welbeck at Arsenal despite admitting the striker lacks the goalscoring prowess of Harry Kane.

Welbeck has scored just 22 goals over the course of his four seasons at the Emirates and has struggled with injuries since joining the Gunners from Manchester United in 2014.

The arrival of Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has limited Welbeck's first-team opportunities this season, but the 27-year-old is likely to feature against Ostersund in the Europa League on Thursday night.

Lacazette is ruled out of the round-of-32 second leg at the Emirates after suffering a long-term knee injury and, with Aubameyang currently cup-tied, Wenger believes he still has use for Welbeck.

"I want to keep him [Welbeck] because I believe he has gone through a torrid time," said Wenger. "He has come out well. I see signs in training now that are positive. If he can stay on the pitch and not be injured, I want him to stay here." sbo333

The Frenchman added: "I like him because he can play left, right or up front. For me he is a useful player, first of all because of his quality.

"He might not be a goalscorer like Harry Kane for example, but for England he can perfectly play with Harry Kane because he can play on the flanks."

Wenger admits Welbeck has suffered a loss in confidence in his fitness after suffering persistent injuries throughout his Arsenal career.

However, the Gunners boss believes Welbeck can take inspiration from Jack Wilshere, who recovered from a broken leg to break back into the first team at Arsenal following a disappointing loan spell at Bournemouth last season.

Asked if Welbeck's situation was similar to Wilshere's, Wenger replied: "Similar. I always hope that the player can come back. He certainly was (an inspiration).

"When you are in this kind of situations you become closer to the guys who are in the same situation. They are very close to each other."
sbo333
chanoudom

Real Madrid next manager: Ex-president makes Cristiano Ronal

Postby chanoudom » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:15 am

Real Madrid next manager: Ex-president makes Cristiano Ronaldo claim over Zidane successor

sbo666 REAL MADRID will have to consult Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos over Zinedine Zidane’s managerial successor. That’s the belief of former Madrid president Ramon Calderon. Zidane surprisingly announced his decision to leave the Bernabeu on Thursday, less than a week after guiding the Spanish giants to a third successive Champions League triumph.

Los Blancos’ 3-1 win over Liverpool in Kiev sealed Zidane’s ninth trophy in two-and-a-half years after coming in for Rafael Benitez in January 2016. He ended their five-year wait for a La Liga title last term and though Real fared disappointingly in domestic competitions this year, they became the first club since Bayern Munich in 1976 to win three European Cups in a row.

With the Frenchman gone, Tottenham’s Mauricio Pochettino is said to be top of the club’s shortlist of replacements with ex-Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Antonio Conte - whose future at Chelsea is uncertain - also touted for the role. sbo666

And Calderon - club president from July 2006 to January 2009 - believes the club’s hierarchy, including Florentino Perez, must speak to senior figures inside the dressing room before they appoint a new boss. "It's not easy to find a coach for Real," Calderon told BBC World Service.

"There are some in the market. Wenger has been offered that job many times. I know this president likes him and he was trying to offer him all the power of the club a few years ago. "Pochettino is a good coach, no doubt he could be one of the candidates. I think Conte is free too, I don't know. "The president will have to talk to the big players in the dressing room - Cristiano, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo. They will give their opinion too." sbo666
chanoudom

Arsenal in advanced talks to sign Bernd Leno from Bayer Leve

Postby chanoudom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 am

Arsenal in advanced talks to sign Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen

sbo666 The 26-year-old missed out on Germany's World Cup squad but has six caps for his country. The Gunners are looking to sign a new long-term number one, with Petr Cech having turned 36 at the end of May.

sbo666 And Leno has been one of the most impressive keepers in the Bundesliga, making 233 league appearances for Leverkusen. Arsenal are looking to be busy in the transfer market as they look to build a squad capable of breaking back into the Champions League places under Arsene Wenger's successor Unai Emery.

They have agreed a deal for Borussia Dortmund centre-back Sokratis Papastathopoulos, with the transfer expected to be formally announced on July 1. They are also in talks with Sampdoria for midfielder Lucas Torreira and an agreement is close, according to Sky Italy.

sbo666 Arsenal also hold an interest in Sporting Lisbon's Gelson Martins, Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri and Freiburg defender Caglar Soyuncu, Sky Sports News understands.
chanoudom

Return to Competitions