Baby monitors

Share experiences and give advice and tips on effective strategies for dealing with all the trooper admin: holding, burping, bathing, changing, entertaining, transporting etc…

Baby monitors

Postby mjking20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Guys, the present Mrs K is now 6 months pregnant and I have been told we are spending one day of our annual leave shopping for the BT's arrival (oh how my life has already changed). Anyway tonight's discussion has been baby monitors. Does anyone have any words of wisdom over whether to get a traditional sound monitor or go the whole hog and get one with a camera in it (or perv cam as our friends call it!)?
mjking20

Re: Baby monitors

Postby ExiledPasty » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

Hi mjking20 and welcome to the forums.

These seem to be a question of preference. We have an Angel Care monitor which is just sound as if we had a video one we would spend all evening just staring at it making sure he was still there(as we all know newborns can just stand up and walk away). We have found the monitor good and havent had any false alarms on it with the sensor pad.

If you go below there is a huge topic on baby monitors elsewhere
http://www.commandodad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1000

Hope this helps and enjoy the shopping(at least you only have 1 day mine was most weekends :D)
It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice
ExiledPasty

Postby kevinS » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm

We have the BT pacifier. The light projection is great and keeps our little one entertained more than any music.

Enjoy the build up to your forth coming addition and ask questions the only dumb question is not asking.
kevinS

Postby mjking20 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Cheers guys. I survived the shopping expedition and I am the proud owner of an mt28 CCTV monitor (on special offer in Mothercare at almost half price-result!). We have been lucky to have a lot of clothing etc donated so I think we are basically good to go.
mjking20

Postby fbarraza28 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 pm

fbarraza28

Return to Baby Trooper Admin