French kids don't throw food

Share experiences and give advice and tips on effective strategies for dealing with all the trooper admin: holding, burping, bathing, changing, entertaining, transporting etc…

French kids don't throw food

Postby Rugbykev1977 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:10 am

Missus is due in September and read the above book. It's almost an anti parenting style, well, parenting style. I am reading it now and all seems a bit too good. Kids sleeping 12 hours from 3/4 months, eating with adults early doors and generally just being, easier.. apparently lots of France is like this. It chimes with how we'd like to raise tadpole but wondered if anyone knew if that sounds like french kids and/ or any experience of raising kids that way?
Last edited by Rugbykev1977 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbykev1977

Re: French kids don't throw food

Postby CommandoDad » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:04 pm

photo-2.JPG
photo-2.JPG (868.07 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
Afternoon RugbyKev.

Great to see you posting already fella! Your a Top Banana!

I have heard about this French book, but don't really know a great deal about its strategies. However, we have a French version of Commando Dad Basic Training coming out shortly, so hopefully, we'll have a load of French Commando Dads joining the ranks.

If I hear of any feedback about this book I'll be sure to pass it on.

Cheers buddy.

Neil Sinclair.
CommandoDad

Postby Rugbykev1977 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Cool, cheers..

Would be interesting. The main approach seems to be pause and be patient. Don't let the child get distressed but give it a few seconds longer than you might. Especially around sleeping, oftertimes baby will stir as a natural part of sleeping and by offering comfort we then wake then, whereas by watching for short while they'll often comfort themselves and learn to join sleep cycles. That and baking seem key to the way the french
Rugbykev1977

Postby robocop » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:51 am

Hi,
New here from Melbourne, I am looking for books for baby growing, Will this book available on Amazon. I need for my baby sleep. He is not taking blankets and its going to be cool now! I am not sure normally babies enjoy the cold weather or its because of warm clothes!
Shop online Kids bed linen in Australia at sale discount from ClickNBuyAustralia.
robocop

Return to Baby Trooper Admin