Grunting

Share experiences and give advice and tips on effective strategies for dealing with behaviour.

Grunting

Postby DadPascoe » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:55 am

Anyone else struggling with this?

I know it's common. I know it's pretty much nothing to worry about. But my 3 week old BT grunts pretty much all night and our sleep is being dessimated!!

I also worry that we may miss something more serious due to the constant noises etc being made!

Col
DadPascoe

Re: Grunting

Postby stormrider » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Hey dude, ours makes a lot of noises during sleep,
I know it's a big step but you need to try and change your thought pattern and not "drown it out" but rather treat it as normal, that he's happy and content.
what monitor are you using? we found using a camera one meant you could see him stealthily and make sure he's ok.

I have quickly found I can tell the difference between noise and an issue....
the hardest part for me is when he's quiet - like now, back in a sec...

Yep, all good, pink and wriggling in his sleep - not too hot but toasty warm.
he does snuffle and grunt like a hedgehog too
stormrider

Postby kevinS » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:48 am

Noise can be good. Our BT scared us half too dead the other night. We'd had the screaming add dabs in the evening and out her down up stairs. Later we hadn't heard the slightest peep or grunt put of her. CO sends me up to look and at first couldn't see any breathing, prod her, pick up and drop the arm, nothing. At which point I'm starting to get worried, CO is at the door.

In the end all was well and saw the faint movement of her chest due to pulling back the cover and her baby grow having a pattern I could see the movement.

I now do like a little noise. Ours grunts shuffles less after starting to use saline drops for her.

Hang in there.
kevinS

Postby stormrider » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Latest noise - the little git scared the crap outta me the other night - you know that sound in Alien.......
The hissing just before it kills you....!
well someone perfected that sound just as I dropped off to sleep..

little shit, I nearly needed a nappy!

other than that he is making a lot of noise - some of which sounds quite distressing - you have to work out the other clues....
stormrider

Postby gbjim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 am

Like above posts, we have now figured out which is, pick me up I'm bored but should sleeping noise, v's the I'm getting quite distressed now noise, it will all fall in to place, and when they wake themselves up during the night you will be tuned into what is not right, unfortunatley it takes time, I woke up to her breathing heavily the other night only to realise the dog had creeped up and was under the bed it took a moment of panic before I realised. It's all normal though, nights of panic turn into fairly good kip soon as your so tired! Our BT is 4 months and were still up twice a night !

It does get easier I promise , Jim
Climbers only use ropes to stop the sensible ones getting away !
gbjim

Postby stormrider » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Ours is still a noisy so and so.
Still mutters and grumbles in his sleep, still wakes up a couple of times a night
Still fights sleep to the bitter end.

Has now developed growling to a fine art to express himself, especially when not impressed with us....
stormrider

Postby DoyleN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 am

The modern amongst these become Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland, the eighth-ranked player, who misplaced in three units to Azarenka in a quarterfinal in shape Tuesday.
DoyleN

Return to Behaviour